New Delhi: Investigation agencies CBI, Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax Department on Thursday submitted to the Supreme Court their status reports on probe into the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The status reports, filed by the three agencies in a sealed cover to the bench of justices GS Singhvi and KS Radhakrishnan, also contained the comments by the Central Vigilance Commission.
Taking on record, the status reports filed by various probe agencies, the bench posted the matter for further hearing on July 17.
Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy was also allowed to file documents relating to the Aircel-Maxis deal allegedly involving former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran.
Swamy was permitted to submit the document after he told the bench that advocate Prashant Bhushan, appearing for the NGO Centre for Public… Continue reading
The Supreme Court on Wednesday gave bail to former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura, arrested last year on February 2 for his alleged role in the second generation(2G) spectrum scandal, and also upheld the bail granted to former Telecom Minister A Raja’s ex-Private Secretary RK Chandolia by the trial court.
A bench of justices GS Singhvi and KS Radhakrishnan upheld the trial court’s order for bail to Chandolia, setting aside a Delhi High Court order, which had stayed grant of bail to him by the trial court suo motu.
The apex court bench had earlier stayed temporarily the high court’s order, which had put on hold the trial court’s order granting bail to Chandolia.
The bench granted bail to Behura stipulating that he would furnish a personal bond of Rs10 lakh and surety of Rs5 lakh.
With the imminent release of Behura after grant of bail to him, former Telecom Minister… Continue reading
Posted on 03 February 2012
We have accepted our responsibility: Abhishek Manu Singhvi
Says party accepts its mistake on the first come first serve policy, asks BJP to do the same
Facing a sharp attack over the government’s decision to continue with the First Come First Serve policy in granting Spectrum licences, the Congress today accepted that it was a mistake on their part. “We accept the fact that today the First Come First Serve Policy has been condemned. We have accepted our responsibility and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) should also accept their responsibility” said Congress Spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi while addressing the media.
The Supreme Court had on 2 February cancelled all… Continue reading